Saturday, January 6, 2007

Taking a ride on the wilder side!

Took the train over to Dallas yesterday and I have to say, some of the best and worst Urban riding I've ever had.

Met a really cool guy named DJ on the train and we talked most of the trip. This was his first trip on the train with a bike, so of course we sort of gravitated towards each other. After talking for a bit we learned that we were pretty much riding the same general direction so we headed out together. Gotta say, riding in downtown Dallas is pretty nice. I never realized how flat the area is. Plus, a few of the older neighborhoods I rode through between Baylor and the Lakewood area were just beautiful. You never really notice them when you're driving in that area. Nothing like a bicycle to let you slow down a little bit and take notice.

Riding downtown good. Every other part of Dallas I hit that day, bad... Once you leave the downtown bubble the drivers get much more aggressive I noticed. In the future I think I'll try to limit most of my riding in that bubble. Still, I'm willing to bet getting from Union Station to Lakewood took less time on my bike that driving.

No comments: