Friday, March 23, 2007

What makes a racer?

There's something I've been wanting to do since I got serious about riding, get my USCF license. Well I finally decided to do it yesterday. I'm glad I did it and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm sure the guy that came in last every time last year will be excited too, I've just moved him up in the rankings. The other nice bonus is, this decision coincided nicely with the fact that it looks like the bike shop finally has a team in the works!

So now I'm a Cat 5 Racer... well I will be as soon as I get the license in the mail and go to my first race. Team Bicycles Inc. is sponsoring the Wednesday night Crits this year and it looks like they start next month. So I've got a few weeks to prepare myself. Heck, I've been preparing myself all winter I just hope it was enough. I think the fixed gear riding has really helped, I just need to get some more base miles in.

I'll keep everyone up to date and let them know how my racing career is going...

No comments: