Monday, February 18, 2008

Pics of the Trip

Here are some pics of the trip I took with the better camera.  I didn't take as many pictures as I anticipated, as I spent most of my time just surviving.  If I had it to do over again, I would have taken more pictures.  There were several times where I wanted to take a pic or two, but I was falling a bit behind or it was halfway up a nasty hill so I opted not too.  I was also trying to save as much of the battery as I could for Fredericksburg.  Tip here:  Just go ahead and take the pics as they come.
These are the initial pictures of the first day:
Trinity Trail, if you look closely you might even see the Turkeys that ran off into the brush:

Our first stop before the wind really went crazy:




377 is a terrible place to try and travel.  Fortunately Bernie did a good job of routing us around it as much as possible.  He found a few great backcountry roads like this for us:




Finally we hit Granbury and took a well deserved break in front of the courthouse:



Unfortunately I didn't take more pics of day one.  Other than our bikes.  That'll be the next post.

1 comment:

Michael P. said...

Maybe a camera mount for the bike? That way you could take pics on the fly?

Just a thought.