Thursday, February 14, 2008

Road Angels

This message was not sent from an Apple iPhone.

Touring Cyclist have a term for a special group of people that go above and beyond in this journey we call life. They call them ''Road Angels''. Our new friend Mr. Wotherspoon is one of those people.

We were lagging along, seriously beat down by the wind. Way behind schedule and hoping for a place to camp. We came across a small sign by the side of the road that said ''Motherspoons, visitors welcome''.

While we would usually be a bit leery of something like this, we were completely wiped out and weren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I am glad we didn't. Today was an incredible day. It went from being completely terrible to absolutely incredible. Not only did this incredible man invite us into his home, but he has completely accepted us, and he is a great guy as well. I won't go into too much detail, as this is still from my phone and difficult to type. However, if I turn out to me half as good of a man as he has, then I've lived a good life.

Mr. Wotherspoon,I know you will probably never read this, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts. May the Good Lord Keep you and Bless you!

3 comments:

Truman said...

Nice to know those folks exist outside of CGOAB.

How far did you get?

Michael P. said...

Wow. Very cool. On the first day even. If this is any indication of the rest of your trip, you guys are definitely in for an adventure.

Anton said...

The kindness of strangers is my favorite thing to hear about.