Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shaving for a cure

Dave Hickey is a friend of mine. We ride bikes together from time to time. We also ride bikes the same place at different times much more frequently. He's a good guy, however he has a bit of a problem.


No my friends, he's not wearing leg warmers. That's his leg hair. Let's just say he's been genetically gifted in a follicle sort of way. However, he's going to take advantage of this gift...

No, he's not going to donate his genetic code to the hair club for men. He's going to shave his legs and he's doing it for a cause. What started out as some good natured ribbing on the internet has turned into a bona fide charity event.

This money is going to the Susan G. Komen foundation 100%. The only thing we'll see out of it is a few great pictures and hopefully a video. I'd love to see a video, because I'm sure Dave will be laughing the whole time. Dave's laugh is infectious and part of what makes him such a great person, as that laugh comes quite easily.

While I'm not harping for donations, I think this could be a fun event and I love the fact that he wants all this money to go to charity.

If you're interested, feel free to donate as well. Here's the link:

Shave Dave

I know he's already met his goal, in fact he did it in less than 24 hours. However, nothing would make me happier than to see him get 3-4 times his goal amount. The donations stop June 28th.

Plus, if we raise enough maybe we can talk him into shaving his chest as well:

No comments: