Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Product Review Update that is long overdue

I originally did a glove review over on the old Eight One Seven courier blog.

Well it has been well over a year, so I thought it was time for a product update.

These gloves Rock! Seriously. Mortal gloves generally tremble in my presence, the whisper of my name makes them cower in terror. However, the Taurus gloves from Planet Bike could care less about where I am or what I'm doing. They just keep on keepin on.

I originally bought the gloves on March 9th. I remember this because we were one our way to see the movie 300 when I bought them. Here I am 15 months later still using the same gloves. I have put several thousand miles on my bikes since then, worked part time as a bike messenger, commuted to work every day, ran errands, crashed(plural- no really!), changed tires, ran the kevlar patch across tires while rolling to dislodge glass bits, fixed broken chains... heck I even took these gloves on a cycling tour earlier in the year. They will not die.

It is almost too good to be true.

As far as how they look, well a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is a picture of those very gloves 15 months later:


As you can see, they are holding up well. Especially considering the gloves that hold the second longest lifespan with me was around 6 weeks or so.

$15.00 well spent in my opinion. In fact, I should probably buy 3-4 more pair as Planet Bike will most likely discontinue these gloves nanoseconds after I publish this post.

No comments: