Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Racing season is upon us once again!

Some of you may remember I did my first (and only) criterium two years ago. What a whoopin!

For better or for worse, April 1st was the first running of the Wednesday night crit series here in Funkytown.

Well today I decided to punish myself further. However, I was in for a pleasant surprise. I didn't suck nearly as much this time around.

Not only did I not finish last... but I put the hurting on at least 4 people. Sure, one of them was a girl and the other was a teenage boy... but let's focus people, they were there to race and I crushed them under the heel of my Sidi's.

Seriously, I had fun and was impressed at the progress I've made. I can't wait to do it next week.

2 comments:

Velo, Tx said...

Awesome! I might have to come out to cowtown and see if I can't beat those 4 people. :)

Hasty! said...

I would love for you to come on over! We could make a mean pace line and work together for a strong finish about 15 back or so...