Tuesday, June 9, 2009

One small dent...

While it seems like a small dent to you. To me this is a yawning chasm. It signifies many things.


First, it is possibly the end of a great wheelset. My friend Bernie built these wheels for me. I've logged close to 20000 miles and over 100 pounds of weight loss with these wheels.
I love these wheels...


Secondly, at 530 am it signifies the end of a great commuting streak. Over 3 years I've ridden my bike to work and never needed a bail out. Fortunately I was riding with my good friend Loyd who was able to ride back to his house and get his car. Bless you Loyd.
This might set me back, but it won't stop me. I will just build up another wheel and fet back on the road.


P.s. railroad tracks suck. Should have ridden the fixed gear.

6 comments:

Ian said...

I didn't know there was so much to bike wheels.......

Bernie said...

Ouch!

Hard to tell in the picture... is that the rear wheel?

Hasty! said...

Yeah, that's the rear wheel. Bent enough that it won't hold a bead anymore...

I cried on the inside, just a little bit.

Amazing how important a good set of wheels are when you're living car free.

Bernie said...

Well, Hasty, you've come a long way in your bike wrenchin' since I first met you... you ready to build your own wheel?

Hasty! said...

Oh sure. Already built up a set of matched campy wheels from donated Campy hubs and silver Velocity Deep V rims. I'll post them soon.

Ian said...

I don't know what any of that means.

verification word: butpom